Series Overview: This two-part webinar series is an introduction to the peer review process for new reviewers and a refresh for those who might already be peer reviewers. In the first session, the peer review process is described and instructions for using the Journal for Healthcare Quality Editorial Manager are provided. In the second session, reviewers are guided through a systematic approach to reviewing manuscripts to provide meaningful feedback to authors and editors.
The purpose of this series is to:
1. Introduce peer review to participants.
2. Help participants decide if peer review is for them.
3. Support participants in developing competency and confidence as a peer reviewer.
4. Prepare participants to conduct peer reviews to improve the quality and value of the healthcare system.
5. Bring healthcare quality professionals, researchers, and practitioners together to guide the literature to advance better care, smarter spending, and healthier people.
Session 1 Summary: Peer review is an important part of the publication process. Submitted manuscripts are reviewed by subject matter experts to ensure the quality and accuracy of the reported study. This first session describes the peer review process for the Journal for Healthcare Quality and provide an overview of the Editorial Manager system that’s used to submit and review manuscripts.